the truth about toddlers
In this RIE-inspired parenting group, we will explore how to be with toddlers and with ourselves at this moment that is so fierce, so tender, and so vulnerable.
You will learn:
- How to understand what your child is communicating
- How to trust your child to show you what s/he needs
- How to establish secure attachment with your child
- How to support uninterrupted play and exploration in a way that benefits you as well as your child
- How to offer meaningful choices
- How to manage conflicts
- How to make parenting easier and more enjoyable
And we will have time to explore the challenges of eating; sleeping; toilet learning; saying “NO!”; fighting, biting and tantrums; goodbyes and other transitions; and more.
Observe more, do less. Do less, enjoy more.
We will meet in my office in SE Portland. The group can hold 4-8 adults. Childcare is not available.
What I bring to this work:
As a new parent, I was fortunate to be able to take a RIE class with its founder, Magda Gerber. As a counselor, I’ve focused much of my training on the postpartum and early parenting experience, including the RIE Foundations class. Together, we can share our experiences in a warm nonjudgmental setting while gaining perspective on what parenting means to each of us—and how to parent from that place.
For any questions, please call me, Lisa Silverman, at (503) 957-1636, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Curious about the specifics of my training? It’s available on my website, on the about me page.
"Under the right conditions, toddlers are enjoyable and fascinating people."